Recycling Center Re-Opening
The Westmoreland Cleanways Recycling Center will re-open on May 11, 2020 at its new location:
355 Pleasant Unity Mutual Road
Greensburg, PA 15601
Hours of Operation:
Mondays Noon – 5 p.m.
Wednesdays and Fridays 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Second Saturday of Each Month 8:30 a.m. to Noon
Commercial/Municipal customers: Tuesdays and Thursdays 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
For everyone’s safety and convenience, please note the following changes in operations and procedures:
- The facility will be operated under all pertinent CDC Guidelines: All visitors must wear masks; continuous disinfectant procedures; social distancing enforced.
- Where fees apply, Cash or check (payable to Westmoreland Cleanways) only; debit/credit card service not yet available
- Visitors will be expected to empty their own vehicles. Staff will be on hand to provide direction and information.
- Assistance will be available for elderly and disabled visitors. Please follow staff instructions for assistance.
- Material should be pre-sorted as follows for ease in unloading vehicles. Sequence of drop-off in roughly the following order:
- Scrap Metal (Freon appliances, car parts, tools, etc.)
- Glass bottles and jars (3 categories):
- Metal lids must be removed; can be recycled with scrap metal
- No corks
- Electronics (2 categories):
- Screens (TVs, monitors, CRTs, flat panel displays; wood cabinet consoles; rear projection)
- All other electronic devices and small appliances
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Light fixtures (tubes, bulbs, ballast)
- Paper (4 categories):
- Cardboard (cardboard, cereal boxes, brown paper bags, etc.)
- Newsprint (B&W, color inserts)
- Mixed Paper (magazines/catalogs, junk mail, file folders, colored/heavily printed office paper)
- White Office Paper (white paper only; shredded paper)
- Misc. items as directed by staff
- Be prepared to take plastic bags, bins and baskets back home unless they are to be recycled (cardboard boxes)
Review the new list of Acceptable Materials. Some items will no longer be accepted, such as anything in a wooden case or cabinet (except for console or rear projection TVs); vacuum cleaners; small appliances that are mostly plastic or glass (coffee makers, lamps); certain types of batteries. When in doubt, ask staff.
The Recycling Center at Innovative Park NO LONGER EXISTS. ABSOLUTELY NO MATERIAL CAN BE DUMPED at the Innovative Park location.