As Westmoreland County’s recycling professionals, we provide specialized recycling services and educational programs to residents, businesses, and municipalities across all 1,025 square miles, and in all 65 municipalities, of the county.
In 2016, Westmoreland Cleanways:
- Collected at our Recycling Center for Hard-to-Dispose Items:
- Over 1 million pounds of TVs
- Over 239,645 pounds of paper, cardboard, magazines, catalogs, etc.
- Approximately 1,000 gallons of used motor oil
- 820 Freon appliances
- 3,620 tires; 1,510 illegally dumped tires
- Batteries, fluorescent light bulbs, scrap metal (all un-weighed), and even…shoes
- Educated 8,500 youth and adults attending a Westmoreland Cleanways and Recycling educational program, learning about recycling, composting, litter prevention, and environmental stewardship
- Provided 33 event organizers with ClearStream Recycling Bins to keep their event just a bit more eco-friendly
- Supplied safety vests, gloves, and trash bags for almost 800 volunteers to clean up their communities
…And all at NO or very little cost.
Help us continue our efforts to keep Westmoreland County clean by becoming a member. Be a part of what over 700 members already know. Membership in Westmoreland Cleanways affirms your commitment to ensuring the health and beauty of our Westmoreland community.
As a member of Westmoreland Cleanways or even as a non-member you can help to support our recycling and clean-up efforts without paying a penny. Visit our Support Us page to find out about some simple yet beneficial ways to help Westmoreland Cleanways fulfill our mission to make Westmoreland County a cleaner, healthier, more beautiful place to live and work.