Westmoreland Cleanways and Recycling welcomes volunteers to assist with various programs throughout the year. Some opportunities for volunteering include:
- Recycling Center: Under supervision of staff: wait on customers, unload vehicles, sort items dropped off (requires some strength; will get dirty)
- Litter Cleanups: Working independently: choose a road in your neighborhood, invite friends and neighbors, arrange for trash disposal, pick up supplies, and get to work*
- Illegal Dump Cleanups: Working independently: choose a site from Westmoreland Cleanways’ 2009 Survey Dump Sites 2015 Update, invite friends and neighbors, arrange for trash disposal, pick up supplies, and get to work!*
- Report your results to Westmoreland Cleanways
- Staff a table at a public event: With staff or independently as needed
Please contact Westmoreland Cleanways staff to discuss your volunteer interests.
You will need the free program Adobe Reader to open PDF files on this page. Get Reader here.